DARACLAR® silica for beer stabilization and clarification
In 1964, Grace pioneered the use of silica gel as a beer stabilizer. Just a decade later, we began producing DARACLAR® GR920 hydrogel silica for beer stabilization. We patented the first fast filtering xerogel silica stabilizer and remain an innovator in the development of high-quality beer stabilizers, and more recently, clarifiers. DARACLAR® silica technology is ideal for meeting the demands of today's brewmasters.
With low leachable metals content, this highly pure and consistent protein adsorbent was developed specifically for the brewing process to extend beer shelf life without impacting foam and flavor stability. DARACLAR® silica selectively removes hydrophilic haze-sensitive proteins responsible for chill-haze formation.
The amorphous, non-crystalline, high-quality characteristics of DARACLAR® silicas ensure they are safe and effective. They are chemically inert, insoluble in beer, and easily and completely removed during filtration. DARACLAR® silicas are allergen and gluten-free, non-GMO derived, vegan, meet the strict requirements of the "German Purity Law", REACH registered, and HACCP compliant.
DARACLAR® 9000HP silica: more capacity, productivity, and value
By increasing productivity and product performance while decreasing environmental impact, DARACLAR® silica technology offers a cost-effective and more sustainable way to brew better beer. DARACLAR® 9000HP silica stabilizer is a "drop-in" solution for brewmasters with no capital expenditure required. Grace’s experienced regional technical professionals and brewmasters are dedicated to providing highly qualified support in the field and in the development of new solutions.
- Can be integrated into all traditional beer stabilizing processes
- No additional CAPEX
- Reduces solid waste, water usage, and operating expenditures
- Longer filtration cycles with fewer beer extracts lost during filtration
- Reduce the need for DE, therefore lowering total leachable metals in beer and improving food and handling safety
- Less water usage due to increased filtration throughput
- Fewer chemicals needed per hl of beer processed
- Allergen, gluten-free, and vegan
DARACLAR® 9000HP silica is engineered to decrease costs by reducing filter aid requirements and debottlenecking filter capacity all without compromising beer stabilization effectiveness.
LUDOX® colloidal silica: clarifying agent for craft beers and dry hopping
LUDOX® colloidal silica is a superior clarifying agent for dry-hopped beers, cold aging, and hot worts. As a liquid solution, LUDOX® colloidal silica is easy to handle, dust-free, and compliant with the German purity law “Reinheitsgebot.”
Craft brewing and dry hopping
- Clarifies beer by removing haze molecules, the hop particles, and remaining yeast cells
- Creates a compact sediment at the bottom of the tank that can be removed with minimal beer loss
- Achieves the required clarity/haze for unfiltered beers without impact on the taste profile
- Minimizes the appearance over time of visible particles in the final product
Cold aging clarification
· Removes haze molecules and accelerates yeast flocculation
- Reduces trub volume and consequently beer losses up to 50% due to a more compact trub
- Results in a clearer wort